This is by far the most requested recipe that I have!
4 garlic cloves
1/4 c. olive oil
2 packed cups of french bread cubes
large pinch of salt
3 romaine lettuce hearts
4 T. fresh lemon juice
5 T. mayo
1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
7-8 T. olive oil
salt & ground pepper to taste
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
1. With motor running drop garlic cloves through feeder tube of a food processor fitted with the steel blade to mince. A blender works too. Scrape down sides of bowl and add olive oil through feeder tube as well. Continue to process so that the garlic releases its flavor into the oil, about 30 seconds. Strain garlic from oil through a fine-mesh strainer; reserve half of the garlic for dressing.
2. Turn on oven broiler. Place bread cubes in medium bowl. Drizzle with garlic oil and add big pinch of salt; toss to coat.
3. Put bread cubes on a cookie sheet and toast, turning the cubes and shaking the pan often, until crisp and golden brown. Return croutons to bowl and set aside to cool while preparing salad.
4. Place clean, dried lettuce in a large bowl.
5. Whisk lemon juice, mayo, half the reserved garlic and Worcestershire in a small bowl.
6. Drizzle lettuce with olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste, and toss lightly and carefully (clean hands work well)
7. Drizzle lemon mixture over lettuce; toss again
8. Sprinkle Parm over greens; toss again
9. Sprinkle croutons over the salad; toss and serve, sprinkling extra parm on top.