A delicious way to use all that leftover steak. My family LOVES this recipe and looks forward to steaks on the 2nd day!
- 1-2 lbs leftover steak (simply seasoned, no BBQ or Teriyaki) and slice into strips 1/2″x 2″ long.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 T butter
- 4 green onions, sliced. Whites and greens separated.
- 4 T flour
- 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed beef broth
- 1 tsp prepared yellow mustard
- 1 T Worcestershire
- 1 (6 oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup white wine
- egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add steak strips, wine and Worcestershire. Stir to coat and let marinate at room temperature while preparing dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onions (the white part) and cook slowly for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the flour into the butter and onions, creating a golden roux.
- Remove from heat and add beef broth, stirring continually. When combined simmer on low while adding mustard.
- Add mushrooms and frozen peas, simmer until heated. Add steak, wine and Worcestershire marinade. Simmer until heated thoroughly.
- Add sour cream then add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over egg noodles, sprinkled with remaining green onions.