- Onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4-5 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 14oz cans diced or stewed tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 T sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Parmesan rind
- 1/2 c pesto
- Heat oil in pot. Cook finely chopped onion until browned. Add in 2-3 cloves garlic.
- When garlic becomes fragrant, add in fresh tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and paste. Next add seasonings. Add cheese rind and pesto.
- Simmer over low heat for 1-2 hours. Make seasoning adjustments before serving.