Sounds weird, tastes amazing.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups canned kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a medium skillet and saute onion and garlic until soft. Mash beans, then add to the onion mixture. Gradually stir in water; heat until warm, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the soy sauce, chili powder, mustard, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the tortillas; top with cheese. Fold tortillas burrito-style around the fillings and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until warmed through, about 12 minutes.
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Mash well, adding salt and pepper.